Which is good for you, apparently not so for me.
You see, I’m informed that lots of “clicks” are a good thing, that there is a man (or woman) who counts all the clicks, categorizes & compiles them, to what end I’m unsure. I think I need a certain amount to level up or achieve global blogging dominance.
Here’s a look inside the numbers of the last year of blogging & life.
1) One is for Nike & Mike, say it ain’t over. The most read post over the last year. One is for December my best month, you barely beat out October.
One is for the first year I haven’t been involved in youth leadership for a while. It’s been incredibly freeing & life-giving
2) Two is for 2 years, happy 2nd birthday blog. Two is the amount of Stephen King books I’ve attempted to read.
3) Three is for funerals unexpected. I’ve been to more this year than the rest of my life. Death has a way of throwing things into perspective.
52) Fifty-two is for the only number from the counted clicks which caught my attention. People from some 52 different countries have visited this blog in the past year, some places I’ve never heard of.
That is humbling.
Perhaps the person who counts the clicks lives in one of those countries, my guess is its Moldova.
25) twenty-five is for “gladiator pills”. The amount of times that search term has led someone to this blog. It’s a sex enhancement pill. I guess if you’re counting clicks on a non-click friendly blog you have to find something to pass the time.
0) Zero is for 0%, the amount “clicks” motivate me. Zero is for the number of Stephen King books I’ve finished reading. In his book On Writing, Stephen says he writes for an ideal reader, that his ideal reader is his wife. My ideal reader isn’t my wife. Zero – my number of wives.
I guess my ideal reader, is me. Well maybe different versions of me, I write to the old me, 5 years ago me, 10 years ago me, know-it-all-me, fundamentalist-me, pastors kid me, dropped out of church me, searching me, knowing the rules but not Gods heart me…
or the me I see in others, the church raised christian schooled middle-class westerner with Sunday school smarts & clichéd answers, who knows about God without knowing, who can quote Jesus without ever following.
x) Unknown number is for the amount of people you influence each day, each week, each year, the amount of people you shine a little light on & share a little love with.
Where does your light shine?
Thanks for another year, thanks for reading, for the follows, comments & emails.
Love God, love people, follow Jesus.